Being from a small town I saw that older teachers didn't know how to use technology. I had a teacher that had never heard of facebook! I believe that newer teachers do need to put technology into their everyday assignments but maybe leave the technology work at home, because not everyone has the ability to get on the internet outside of school. Teachers need to be incorporating things that students our age are becoming used to, to keep us ingaged.
It is hard to think that we can not prepare our students for the future. We know that the future will require technological literate workers, but we can not even imagine the types of technology that they will be required to use. As you already said, students should be equiped with laptops because the text books will soon be on our computers. This process is already taking place. Ten years ago we would have never imagined that we could read millions of books on the internet or could search the content of a book by using key words. If technology advances as quickly as it has, who knows what our students will be using in the future. As teachers, I believe that we should all keep taking classes on how to use the new technological advances. If we keep up with these advances, we will be more capable of educating our studetns for the future.
Being from a small town I saw that older teachers didn't know how to use technology. I had a teacher that had never heard of facebook! I believe that newer teachers do need to put technology into their everyday assignments but maybe leave the technology work at home, because not everyone has the ability to get on the internet outside of school. Teachers need to be incorporating things that students our age are becoming used to, to keep us ingaged.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to think that we can not prepare our students for the future. We know that the future will require technological literate workers, but we can not even imagine the types of technology that they will be required to use. As you already said, students should be equiped with laptops because the text books will soon be on our computers. This process is already taking place. Ten years ago we would have never imagined that we could read millions of books on the internet or could search the content of a book by using key words. If technology advances as quickly as it has, who knows what our students will be using in the future. As teachers, I believe that we should all keep taking classes on how to use the new technological advances. If we keep up with these advances, we will be more capable of educating our studetns for the future.
ReplyDelete